Sunday 30 September, 2007

Title..hmmmm

Sometimes life hits us with a cruel tragedy that is hard to recover from. I was not prepared for what I was about to witness. Cold sweat dripped as my fingers inconsolably tried to type and figure some logical explanation to all this.

I logged into my Orkut account only to stare at "Your profile views yesterday - 1". One?? I understand that over the past few weeks my networking had dwindled but this didn’t make sense. Sure, I hadn’t stayed in touch, called anyone, or responded to previous scraps but not scrapping me was pure selfishness.

Ok, I can overlook the fact that no one scrapped, but not visiting my profile??!!

It was a black Friday for me, outside though a bright Wednesday. I saw only two options:

1) Act mature and forget about it.
2) Scrap everyone I knew and everyone I didn’t.

I did number 2 on testosterone.

Known rarely as a man of action, even I surprised myself with the dexterity in scrapping my unsuspecting & hapless “Friends”. With a quick “Hi, wassup”, subtle “Helloooo Gorgeous” and a carefree “You want my friendship?” I tried to erase this stain from my system (computer & mind). Hoping that some of my “Friends” would view my profile and take the daily body count to a humbling 38.

Tomorrow, I would reap the fruits of my damage control measures. Bring a smile to the man in the mirror. Make amends for others mistakes. Tomorrow is mine.

Sure life can be a B and throw you a lemon. You just need to make a lemonade. Don’t forget to top it with gin & ice. When you do, SCRAP ME!

4 comments:

Priyadarshi said...

We'll add an opulent twist to the lemonade...top it up with Vodka and Ice...and Vodka is wat i'll have when the ol' gang converges at the Dhaba again...next weekend or so...keep the ringer switched on ur tringer...will call and fix up the date for the exotic outing..

Swati said...

ok ok.. am there next weekend.. and i want a vodka as well.. so lets meet up lovely mehul p.

Mehul said...

Priya, Swati: TY for the comments and more so for taking orkut profile view to 6 per day orkut. We need the Vodkas to strategize in reachin the target of 38 per day. Cheers

Anonymous said...

hilarious!! happens to me when i see a dwindling hit meter stats on my blog!!