Saturday 11 August, 2007

Second Job, First Day.


Having successfully failed at everything else, I was more than qualified to run the oval office. But running the oval office on a tourist visa involved a lot of running. So, I ran in the fading footsteps of preceding failures and joined an Ad agency -Idola Fori as a trainee copywriter/client service thingy.

I still remember the day, 10th Aug 07 - today.

Excitement tapped in my foot as I floored the car accelerator to my new office. It was a cozy place with the most breath taking view. My Creative Director (CD) gave me a tour of the two buildings, from which you could see Golconda Fort. I expected to see organized chaos but was pleasantly surprised with the serene atmosphere. The office decided to do away with the usual garland and teeka ceremony and instead welcomed me by staring into their monitors. Being aware of my critical role in the organization, the HR gave me a Notebook!!! (Toshibas were out of stock, so I had to settle for a Lepakshi). The CD, later, walked me through the hierarchy of an ad agency.

It was noon... I was still on their payroll. Morale booster! Well, everyone was too busy with their work to fire me. I had time to kill and tummy to fill, so I had lunch with a few colleagues. The caterer served Hot Parathas with Rajma and 2nd course was rajma chawal….Ahh…A way to a man’s heart..!!!

BUZZZZ….HEART ATTACK:

Siesta was substituted with doodling on the PC. Yahoo chat was replaced by scanning ads of existing clients. Ok..ok, I had fun doing it but you can’t rob a man’s 40 wink and expect him not to be vocal.

Anyways, long blog short - TGIF, I was home by 6:30 pm while humming Sting's- Brand New Day. To be honest, I don’t think I have Monday morning blues :)

4 comments:

Swati said...

they love u there,, dont they mehul p!! i mean wat a warm welcome!
by the way.. did u notice the date... 10th august - my bday mehulp.. am just way too lucky for u :)

Unknown said...

so many feelings. so few words to say em all. i have tears in my eyes. you have taken your first step towards the cannes lion. bravo!! the next few years are going to be tough but i am sure you have it in you. :)

(i am also insanely j. i still havent found my calling. boo hoo.)

Priyadarshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priyadarshi said...

Ur blogs invoke such diverse reactions - sheer joy, throbbing pride, unflagging conviction & DD.. I've been tom tomming ur blogs to all and sundry..just thought I shud make it a point to drop a post...(in case anyone casts a shadow of doubt on my integrity ;)