Saturday 30 June, 2007

My First Love


An ode to thee, I sing sans glee!

I still remember the first time we met.
You matched my genes: The levis, I mean.

As we embarked on our journey, my foot in thee.
The only thing in between were socks till knee.

We’ve been through thick and through thin
Not to mention- dog poop and chicken chow mien.

You bore the shocks, this journey threw.
I blissfully unaware, while time just flew.

Watch your step, you seemed to say
As I continued to tread on poop each day.

We’ve had our difference about roads to take.
Sometimes even about the socks I wear.

We’ve grown apart, both you and I
I thought you stunk but so did I

I march in you, to the store nearby.
Little do you know, it’s a *kiss goodbye.

For some, it’s Scooty Pep.
And others, it’s the girl next door
But I declare to all who care,
My First Love were a pair of Nike Air.

------------------------


*Metaphorically speaking. No shoes were actually kissed in the making of this poem.

Nike & Sons do not subscribe to any of the blogger’s/jogger’s views. If you feel like flagging this as inappropriate, we say – Just Do It.



5 comments:

Anchal said...

I hope some Advertising guy checks this out!!!!!

Swati said...

When was the last time u washed them!
no one ever told u.. but when u wore them to work... remember we all ran away... mehul p.. they smelled... bad bad bad..sorry i has to break this news to u, but just proves that am ur true friend..
how about writing a blog on our true friendship next? lol

Swati said...

''i has'' :( - - -- i HAD* to break...

Priyadarshi said...

You JUST DID IT with that brilliant composition.
Nike with it's Sons, Daughters & Cousins (thrice removed) will be forever be indebted to ur innovation.
The great MJ (Jordan not Jackson) might just stop receiving his monthly checks, reason stated (ALTERNATIVE CHANNEL DISCOVERED)

and accompanying postscript
"SEEKS REMUNERATION IN RUPEES & PROVIDES US AN OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS A NOBLE CAUSE (OUTSOURCING)"

meetkv said...

Waiting for the keybble (when you scribble using keyboard)on your Jockey. Damn sure going to be some andar ki baat!

Trust me after it if anyone stamps you with a Nike.. claim bak... I am what I am and for me Impossible is Nothing.